Most Popular Dive Sites

What's your memorable dive location?

• New Zeland Islands

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Europe & asia

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubadiveilat

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
USA, SOUTH AMERICA, HAWAII, BAHAMAS, CHILE, ISRAEL
# of dives
I'd like for the new and current diver to get familiar with the dive sites out there. In specific with those hidden Islands through out the world.

Inform us where was your most favorite and memorable dive site. Through out your dive history. As much detail as possible is appreciated. This can increase the spread of diving though out the world.

For instance! I've found Palau, Fiji, Bora Bora to be breath taking. It's been a pleasure to dive Hawaii, Australia, New Zealand, Israel, Egypt, Canada, Bahamas, Florida Keys, Jamaica, and...

Yours!!!!

I had the opportunity to dive Easter Island in the pacific this spring, 5,000 km from the nearest land in South America. You know, the place with the big stone heads.

200 ft viz, lava flows, turtles, lots of endemic fish to the island, kind of like Hawai'i. Beautiful experience.

*edit* Quadra Island off Vancouver Island for cold water diving; Great Lakes, St Lawrence River for wrecks

Last edited:
Panama's Caribbean coast was my first and only tropical dive week vacation so far--thus so far my favourite dives. Shell collecting was allowed-- a rarity--and I found some nice specimens including Atlantic Tritons Trumpets.

For warm water, I'd have to choose some of the sites we did in Komodo ... or perhaps Lembeh Straits, because of the strange creatures that live there.

For cold water ... Browning Pass, off the northeastern tip of Vancouver Island ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

We are warm water divers. Fiji was the best diving - walls, soft and hard corals. Cozumel MX diving second - walls, viz, and fish life. I have become addicted to drift dives. Caribbean dive trips done alot because it's cheaper from where I live and I can go more often.

Truk Lagoon.

Off La Digue in the Seychelles. I've never seen such density of wildlife anywhere else.

As a dive guide, I worked in Palau/Peleliu for a year and would dive Ulong Channel (outgoing tide) everyday for the rest of my career. A combination of Blues Holes/Blue Corner would be second followed by the extemely wild ride of the Peleliu Cut/Express. Dive safe,Have fun!

"living life without a hard bottom"
KT

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom