Dive Today program on OLN

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
:)

Outdoors Life Network (OLN), is airing a dive related program again. In June 2003, OLN stopped airing episodes of "Sea Hunt." I sent them an email asking them to consider airing the program again, for the benefit of the many divers who would have an interest in the program. I also asked that if they would not air "Sea Hunt", if they would consider another type of program for divers. I suggested a magazine format, where training, travel, equipment and other subjects of interest could be used as topics.

Last week I was looking through the TV listing and found that OLN was airing a show called "Dive Today." I do not know how long the show has been on or if it was a result of my inquiry. I have watched the show and it is very well done and informative. I encourage my fellow divers to watch the show and support OLN's programming. Maybe there is enough interest they will be able to give "Dive Today" more time slots. It currently airs on Sunday and Monday mornings at 4:00 am (EST). If you get a chance please email or write OLN and thank them for their support of our passion. Enjoy "Dive Today" and dive safe.

Not sure if anyone is interested or aware, but Outdoor Life Network (OLNtv) is airing "Dive Today" again. They are on Sunday and Monday @ 4:00am and just started last week.

I checked the description on my Tivo and a couple of them are dated 2003! I was under the impression that OLN pulled the plug on the show altogether. Perhaps these are episodes that were pre-scheduled for this year and already taped?? Last episode I recorded was August 2002! I remember seeing a post or two that indicated that OLN pulled the plug and the 2 guys that hosted the show went on to other things...

Anyone have any info on this? I recorded ALL episodes for 2002 so far and look forward to what I believe are new ones.

--MichaelG

I PVR'd last nights, and have then next couple set up. Watched the first one today. Pretty cool.

RJ

Maybe I can pick it up on satellite.... have to have a look-see...

I've also noted the 2003 date on the TiVo information, but the copyright date at the end of the show (at least the one that aired this past Monday) was 2001 (could have been 2003.) It's an interesting show, but they try to cram too much into 1/2 hour.

Just a reminder, Dive Today is on at 4am EST tonight, on Outdoor Life Network. For those with TiVo, im jealous.

Watched the show last night.....one of those nights when I just couldn't sleep....

Bonaire sure looks nice.

Permanently set up to record 2x every week.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom