I think the competition to be the best travel BC just got a lot tougher!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Capt.Gene

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
When I saw this yesterday for the first time I was impressed. I'm rarely impressed.
This new travel BC is ultra durable while still being perfectly comfortable, weighs under 6 pounds with full weight integration, and travels self contained in the space needed to carry a tightly rolled up cheep hotel towel.
You will definately want to try on a Zeagle Wicked Lite before you buy that other thing!:eyebrow:

Zeagle has been producing some great light weight gear recently and their pricing is easy on the budget. If I hadn't bought enough old SP X-Tek harnesses (my personal favorite) to last a lifetime (or at least into my 80s), I'd be sorely tempted!

I checked out the Zeagle site and cannot find the Zeagle Wicked Lite. Would like to see a picture price etc.

When I saw this yesterday for the first time I was impressed. I'm rarely impressed.
This new travel BC is ultra durable while still being perfectly comfortable, weighs under 6 pounds with full weight integration, and travels self contained in the space needed to carry a tightly rolled up cheep hotel towel.
You will definately want to try on a Zeagle Wicked Lite before you buy that other thing!:eyebrow:

Nothing like an objective. unbiased testimonial to sell new gear. Zeagle Express Scuba Instructors

You just saw this new BC yesterday and already you can attest to its durability and comfort!!!

What makes it better than the 3 pound Oxycheq UL Plate with 18 lb travel wing?

When I saw this yesterday for the first time I was impressed.... is ultra durable

What sort of durability assessment did you perform during that >24hr period? :idk:

An important skill for the scuba consumer is learning how to differentiate between a sales pitch and a genuine review...

Thanks for your kind remarks.
I only comment on equipment that I have intimate knowlege of.
Such as the quality of materials and workmanship that go into Zeagle's BC's.
You might make a better comparison between Zeagle's Express Tech and your Oxy. That would actually be an apples to apples comparison perhaps.
The Wicked Lite is a full featured weight integrated BC more in line with the early Zeagle Alpha and Beta models.

I don't have to sell the gear. The great stuff sells itself.

Dont know much about thet wicked lite but I will tell you Zeagle is my first choice of product then Zeagle is my second choice too! Love Zeagle. Thanks Capt Gene and Zeagle both :)

By durability, I believe Capt. Gene is talking about the materials used in the vest as well as the bladder cover.

It isn't paper thin and won't wear out or easily puncture. It is basically the same style of bladder that is on the Ranger BC, which is a proven workhorse.

Although he did make one glaring error...it doesn't weight less than 6 pounds.

(It weighs less than FOUR!)

There are a few pictures up on our facebook page, I believe.

Thanks,

Scott

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom