Dive packages/operators Key Largo area.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ozwald

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this or not so i will apologize now if it's misplaced.

Anyhow, I'm coming down "solo" to key Largo July 13-19th. Now while i have been down there a few times already it was for training purposes and i dove with a particular shop in the area. This is in no way a knock against them as they have been great, just costly.

This time is strictly for pleasure.

So what I'm searching for is a shop that can cater to a solo AOW diver as far as accommodations and diving go. I do realize that most shop dives arent guided but there are a few that are. I am a safety conscious diver but I still feel much more at ease with an experienced diver along for the dive.

The thing is that while I'm no cheapskate if I dive with the shop I normally dive with it will cost me roughly $300/daily for a guide and an am/afternoon dive. Multiply this by 4 and I'm looking at $1200 plus whatever tipping is involved. This does not include my accommodations which are another $100 per night.

Any help would be appreciated. Feel free to email me direct if you wish so as not to create a stir.

rmichaelwahl@gmail.com

Thank you in advance.

My wife and I are big fans of Amy Slate's Amoray Dive Resort. They are very reasonable and have a real user friendly big catamaran type dive boat. Google it and look at their website. Also, think about joining a local dive club and meet some people that can provide a pool of travel and dive buddies for you. Or post on scuba board -
DivemasterDennis

Sea Dwellers, Horizon, Amy Slate's, Ocean DIvers, etc. are a few but if you Google "Key Largo scuba" you will find a bunch of them.

If you love Sushi..... Go to Num Thai while you are there!!!! I love that place!!! It is cheap and FTW! As far as shops I cant help you there.... But there are a bunch of shops down there.... i would google and tell them your plans and they might cut you a deal.....

Get with NetDoc. I think he lives in that area, and I KNOW he probably has a good relationship with a few dive shops there.

I think the issue is that I am solo. Rates are pretty cheap based on dble occupancy. Looks like I'm going to have to move dammit !

Sea Dwellers, Horizon, Amy Slate's, Ocean DIvers, etc. are a few but if you Google "Key Largo scuba" you will find a bunch of them.

A second vote for Horizon, Amy Slate (Amoray), and Ocean Divers ........

Not really a resort, but you'll be hard pressed to find a better operation than Silent World diving in Key Largo...

+1. Silent World is top notch.

I just got back from key largo and did a fair amount of shopping around, Dove with Ocean Divers, Sea Dwellers, and Horizon. What you will find is alot of dive shops who can book trips but they dont have boats. Instead they book trips on other shops boats. What you wanna do is find a shop that has a good package price. For instance I booked most of my dives thru Scuba Fun because they will just open a tab. You dive whenever you want thru which ever boat is going where you wanna dive. The more you dive the cheaper it gets. As far as being solo, most boats will pair you up with someone. It will be up to you to let them know where your skill level is at so they are aware. Most boats don't put DM's in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom