Nikon P5100

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TJ O'Dwyer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Any suggestions ion where to obtain an underwaterhousing for a Nikon P5100?? The Fantasea I have is giving me problems and at time will not function i.e. will not shoot or even turn off

The camera's so old it's going to be hard to find one. Especially since it never really was that popular. One option would be to contact fantasea and see if they can take it in for maintenance.

If you really want to find a new housing for it, Ikelite also produced one (the 6182.50) as did FIX (the NP5100 IIRC). Both are long discontinued but you might have some luck. Reef sold both of these, maybe they still have one laying around someplace or could help locate one.

Check that the shutter button isn't sticking and has proper clearance. I had sticking problems, sent in under warranty. It came back with a small chunk of 'some crap' obviously deliberately stuck to it that created pressure on the shutter and screwed it up. Removed it and it works fine now.

If you have a sticking button a tiny dab of silicone grease applied with a toothpick tip on the inside of the shaft and worked up and down will generally free it up. If you are adverterous the buttons are not hard to remove, clean, and replace. Just be VERY VERY careful with the C-clip. They are easy to lose.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom