inflator valve, chest strap, inflator hose comes off

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Q1988

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am having trouble with my sidemounts and my OMS harness IQ with a "profile" for side mounts. The chest strap is needed with the side mounts and that goes across my fussion wetsuit right where the inflator valve is. The inflator hose is also a problem as the wings on the pull ring catch on the chest strap and pull it off. This is a real pain because under a few feet of water with no air in the suit you are getting sqeezed and the valve is pushed against your chest. With 5ml wet gloves you have very little grab ability, never mind dexterity.

The chest strap also pushes on the inflator valve and that is no fun at depth.

I need the chest strap done up with the side mounts or they will pull the harness off my sholders.

Best bet is to relocate the valve or put a second one on the suit but where? Any feedback would be appreciated. Water temp in Canada and the Great Lakes at depth can be less than 40F all year round.

No wet suiters please.

Did you mean a Fusion Drysuit?
I'm a little confused as to what you're exact problem is.

The inflator hose is also a problem as the wings on the pull ring catch on the chest strap and pull it off.
Are you saying your BC wings are pulling your chest strap which in turn pulls off your drysuit's inflator hose?

The only advice I can give you right now is to think about going to a single continuous hog harness.
OR
Try to loosen or tighten your shoulder straps a tad so you can put your chest strap over or under your inflator port.

keep it simple, relocate the strap. I had the same issue, (standard bp/w + Fusion drysuit), so I just moved it slightly

Steve Berman installed an inflator valve on his thigh

What is a no wet suiters please

Get rid of the 1-inch chest strap and replace it with a static line and bolt snap. See the first photo on this page - Sidemount rig modifications

Get rid of the 1-inch chest strap and replace it with a static line and bolt snap. See the first photo on this page - Sidemount rig modifications

What is the benefit of replacing the strap with a bolt snap?
:idk:

After repeated exposure to water the buckle on the stock chest strap will not hold the 1-inch webbing in place. It constantly slips. The static cord and bolt snap will not change length. Also, in this case, the static cord is much thinner and easier to route under the dry suit inflator valve.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom