which dive operator for the spiegel grove

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tomtek

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
For those of you who have dove it who did you use and what are your comments? I would like to dive the spigel for the first time and would like to know who to charter with. Thank you

I have been out with Quiescence which is nice since you can go in a six pack and are not much constrained by a larger group. Six packs being smaller boats do not do as well in large swell as the larger boats however. So you do have to pay attention to the weather. Also afternoons can have a fair amount of wind chop. I'd certainly recommend nitrox and a 100 cu ft or larger tank for the Grove. Quiescence has nitrox, I do not remember what their tank choices were. I have been out with maybe four operators in Key Largo and they were all pretty good.

I dove it with Gary and Brenda at Conch Republic and was quite happy.

I have dived on the Spiegel several times, always with Conch Republic. I second the recommendation. I also dove with them on the Eagle and the Duane, and enjoyed both experiences immensely.

Capt. Gary at Conch Republic. He runs a great boat. Try the Eagle, Duane, and Bibb with him too.
The Bibb was my favorite.

We just got back from Key Largo... Dove with Key Largo Scuba Shack...
Did the Spiegel and the Duane and they were awesome as always...
They do have a DM in the water on all dive and a max of 6 people.
Nice to have a guide on the wrecks...
Highly recommend them...

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom