Nikonos SB-105

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alvinj88

Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
anybody tried using Nikonos SB-105 on the newer DSLR's? they are fairly cheap on ebay. sure we can use the optical slave function but what about using with sync cords? like if you have a frankenstein using a Ikelite SS-150 with a Nikonos SB 105 or something. anybody tried it?

Yes you can use a sb 105 nikonos on a digital housing with a nikonos connector. I have used with my nikon d40x in an aquatica housing. Ikelite strobes also work with the blue designation. Old ikelite cord no. . Manual modes must be used. No TTL and the camera does not see the strobe as the strobe is TTL and the camera is D-TTL. Ignore the underexposure warning on the camera as it does not know you have a strobe attached. Here is just a normal pic that i have done.

Attachments

• DSC_0225.jpg
    DSC_0225.jpg
    145.7 KB · Views: 208
  • DSC_0020 - Version 3.jpg
    DSC_0020 - Version 3.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 179
Last edited:
so in a nutshell. put the DSLR housing in Manual mode. strobe in manual mode and ofcourse camera in manual mode. no problems with camera lockup?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom