best dive sites in the Keys?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Granny Scuba

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
What are the 4 best scuba sites in the Keys, and why?
We are only going to be in the Keys a few short days, so we only have time for 4 dives.

Thanks,

What's your level of certification? and what area? Seeing you wanted to go to Molasses in the other thread I'll figure that you're staying up by Key Largo...

OW: Benwood, Molasses Reef (but you knew that!) Snapper's Ledge.

AOW: Spiegel Grove, Eagle, Duane.

I prefer wrecks, so.... Most of the reefs the upper keys operators take you to are great, Molasses was a great dive, and Snapper's Ledge was pretty awesome when I was there as well.

Enjoy!

duplicate post?!?!

Next time I head down the 2 sites I am going to try my hardest to get on are the Benwood and Molasses Reef. I do have fond, amusing memories of Snapper Ledge on my opening OW Cert dive. Lets say I was VERY popular with the snapper when I hit the water.

Snapper ledge is awesome...

I agree!!!

I did that after my Spiegel Grove dive two years back, Since there was a group of divers and me, the dive op set me up to dive with one of their DM's as a guide so I wouldn't have to tag along with the other group (which was awesome!) After getting a great tour of the SG, we went to Snappers Ledge, and he said he would do 30 minutes with me and I was free to either end with him, or hang out until the other group returned, I didn't have a problem with that, so I said I'd hang out, probably just find a spot in the sand and watch what goes by close to the anchor line...THAT was a great thing! (and I wish I had a camera with me) I saw about 5 nurse sharks, 2 or 3 Eagle Rays, a small turtle, and schools of all sorts of fish swimming by.

That's one I'd like to do again with my camera!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom