Extra LP hose: Add to primary stage or keep in spare parts bin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Culcuhain

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I got a new BC and it came with a LP hose. I already have me reg set with a LP hose for the BC (got my regs first, and waited to get a BC). So now I have an extra LP hose. Should I mount it up (and look like a Christmas tree diver? seriously, any benefit in mounting it?) or put it in my spare parts bin?

(not trying to start a flame war).
Thanks!
Lee

Just keep it as a spare. Why have something on your set that you don't need?

Some day you may get into dry suit diving, and you will need a second LP hose on the set in that case. In my case, sometimes I need the extra hose and some times I don't. It goes on and off as needed. It only takes a minute or so, assuming you have the tools with you.

I carry a spare LP inflator hose (and entire inflator assembly too) in my save-a-dive kit. Simply attaching an extra LP hose to your 1st stage, for no obvious reason, looks dorky...just sayin'.

I don't think even the most passionate redundancy advocator would recommend adding hoses, just because you own them.

Definitely keep it as a spare though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom