Diving Maldives for less than 7 days

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pub Guy

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello, I'm looking for guidance on planning a diving trip to Maldives during March or April of next year.

My wife and I just picked up diving last year; each of us have logged less than 25 dives, but we're both PADI advanced certified (or will be after current trip's dives get logged...). However, neither of us feel terribly confident yet to handle everything the ocean can throw at us. We just did our first drift dive in Cozumel under what I considered fairly strong currents, and that was somewhat "adventurous" but OK.

I love diving, but not enough to dive multiple times per day for 7+ continuous days (i.e., standard liveaboard). I was wondering if there was such a thing as a 5 day liveaboard trip in the Maldives. If so, would that be a good idea or would finding a land-based diving resort be the way to go? I Googled "5 day liveaboard Maldives" and found nothing, so I'm thinking there may not be such a thing.

Note that I'm heading to India immediately afterwards, and someone told me about diving Lakshadweep Islands nearer to India. I Googled that and found a resort on this island. Does anyone know anything about diving here, as this may be a suitable replacement for Maldives for us.

thx in advance for any advice given.

generally liveaboard trips in the Maldives are 7 days. however they sometimes offer shorter trips but these are often organized last minute depending on boat availability and not always advertised ahead. some resorts have their own boats that do short 2/3 night trips although these tend to be as expensive as the resorts themselves. for a shorter trip the best option is resort based diving. however, do keep in mind that many Maldivian liveaboards do only 3 dives a day so are not overly into the excessive dive routines of general liveaboard diving.

if you are thinking of diving in India, the Andamans would be another option. its fairy easy ti get to from the mainland now and both diving and accommodation are relatively cheap. just dont expect a lot of luxury hotels. its more rustic, down to basics places but the islands are beautiful and the diving is very good.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom