Halifax Dive -> Jul 17th 2011?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

themagni

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi everyone.

Work is sending me to Halifax for a large portion of July. I've got one day free, and that's the 17th of July, the Sunday. Is anyone planning a dive, is there a dive group, or is there a shop with a drop-in dive for that Sunday? I've got the whole day free so I can squeeze in a couple of dives. If there's room on a boat dive I'd be pretty happy about that!

I'm fine with cold water diving; I've got a custom Sea-Tux for use here.

In terms of packing gear, I would bring my regs, mask/sn/fins, wing, etc, and rent the tanks, weights, and drysuit. Does that sound reasonable? Where's a good place to rent the remaining equipment?

Thanks!

Torpedo Rays is a great shop to get your missing gear. They are also running a charter on July 17th to the Saguanay Wreck in Lunenberg which I consider the best dive in NS. The charter is $60, but it is worth it. I might be doing that charter myself and can give you a ride from Halifax if you don't have a car.

Ahmed Nassrat
Founder/Partner
Atlantic Adventure Divers
Atlantic Adventure Divers - Atlantic Adventure Divers

Ahmed, I called them and booked gear and a space on the charter. I haven't had a chance to dive a wreck yet so it should be pretty cool. Second dive is at Seal Island.

I won't have a car, so I'd love a ride. I'll pay for your gas.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom