Woohoo... joined the club !

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BartBe

Reaction score
Hi all....

I know it's lame but I just can't help myself... I feel like i have to anounce that I did my first two OW dives yesterday !! And I loved every second of it !

Yesterday morning my instructor took me to the 'Barrages d'leau d'heure' a flooded valley here in Belgium. We did two consecutive dives for a total of about 45 mins. Our maximum depth was about 16m / 48 ft. Visibility was seriously limited (about 3ft, sometimes even less :) but that didn't make it any less enjoyable for me !
fish : saw a few... not many and I don't have a clue yet what they where :)
In these waters there are a few objects to visit (a bus, a helicopter, chopped down trees, some other stuff...) and we went for the bus. It's a bus that is completely stripped (no windows, engine and stuff ) and is in about 30ft of water. The bus became the home for some of the larger fish is the lake.
I can put my worries and stress to rest now as i felt it all went very well (fingers crossed for next time :), I didn't stress and felt very comfortable even with the low vis.

Although i'm still a beginner and not certified yet i'm getting a bit closer to being a scuba diver and i love it...

PS: I hope i'm not boring you guys with this post and it's probably all very old news for you but i just felt I had to :D

Nice one !!!

Good to see you enjoyed it even in the low vis, let us know how you do with dives three and four.
This won't be the last bus you will see, all the inland dive sites in Northern Europe have one !!!

You know what's funny? It only gets better, trust me!
And remember, fun diving=safe diving.

Bart,

Thank you for sharing your first dive experience! I am very glad you enjoyed it so much. I'm sure that you will have many more happy diving experiences in the years to come.:D

We all have to start somewhere!

Congrats and safe diving!

Now get your credit card ready. :D

It's good to read that I wasn't the only one OW trained in 3ft vis...
And yes, I too had a blast...even in 3 ft. vis.

Enjoy!

Congrats BartBe! You are on your way to enjoying the rewarding world of scuba!

Dive safe!
:snorkel:

Welcome to the clubbbb.

Back
Top Bottom