Trim trouble with HTS 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

danegr

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
When I bought this HTS rig my LDS assured me that it was versatile and I could easily take it to the next level. I have about 25 dives with it now and have never been able to get good trim. I have the ditchable weight pockets. Again my LDS said "IF you want really good trim, you'll need to have these QLR pockets". Each dive I try some a little different. Today I went to a local pond for no other reason than to get trim. What I wound up with was 4 pounds on the top of each shoulder and nothing in the QLR pockets, to get trim. This leads me to believe that first of all, I don't need the QLR pockets at all. And that I could greatly benefit from moving the wing down towards my waist about 2-3 inches. Upon dismantling my HTS I find out that you can't. I can't lower my cam bands. Maybe I could loosen up the shoulders and just let the whole rig slide down my back until I got enough lift from my lower back? This is starting to burn me up. You spend huge sums of money only to find out in the end that this particular set up does not work for me. Should I bun the HTS harness and get the BP once and for ever?

I know you have been told to buy random stuff but I will add one more, buy a single tank adaptor and it will allow you to drop the wing down a little 1-2 inches. I have the QLR pockets and use them when in a drysuit but not most of the time while diving wet.

I love my HTS2 cause it allows me to change my setup from diving dry in a cold lake to diving without a suit in warm salt water very fast and its compact for travel...but it has taken some playing with and buying stuff...but now its almost perfect.

Good luck!

i had an HTS and i did NOT like it i sold it and bought a plate with the elite II harnes and wow what a difference

I have the HTS 2 and have found the ability to modify it to my needs are pretty nice. I recently added the SS backplate which helps alot with trim for me by moving the weight higher up my back. I still use the QLR pouches but only put 4lbs in them and probably don't even need that. So far I love it!

Back
Top Bottom