"Squeeze-O-matic" homemade booster pump

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm pretty sure that the thread you're referencing was about a booster put together by Vance Harlow, username: [user]Oxyhacker[/user]. Here is a link to an article on his website, as well as purchase instructions for the book:

IMPROVISED AND LOW COST HP GAS BOOSTERS a new book from Airspeed Press

IMPROVISED BOOSTERS Excerpts

Excerpt from article:
My booster is built almost entirely out of scrap parts. Both cylinders, the frame members, and the powerpack all came from the scrap yard, most of it at 28¢ a pound, and the rest haggled for on a per item basis. The hoses and check valves are new, and the other valves and fittings are a mix of new and used. You take your chances, of course. The first cylinder I bought looked great, but turned out the cylinder tube was badly corroded inside.

I don't have time to search for the thread itself right now, but this might get you started, or just be what you need instead.

I have one for boosting argon. You'd be nuts to use it for O2 and boosting helium would take obscene volumes of HP drive gas. What do you want to know about them? Here's 2 rather old pics of mine:
fa64.jpg

90d4.jpg

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom