Hoseless Air integrated computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

esbuff

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have an Oceanic VT3 and was wondering what others opinions are on using a hoseless air integrated computer? Some people from my local area are totally against it due to the possibility of loss of signal, battery death, etc. If you guys or gals have one do you use a redundant hosed depth and pressure gauge and if so why?

I use a brass & glass SPG clipped to my left hip D-ring and my VT-3 in a DSS bungee wrist-mount on my right wrist.

That said, I haven't lost signal or battery yet.

I love mine.I bought it when I 1st started, 80 dives & 3 yr.s later still no problems. It helps streamline(less hoses) and I notice when I go on lobster dives quite a few veterans are AI as well. as far as battery life, follow maintenance instructions and care for your equipt. like you do your regs ect and all should be ok.

I have an Aries Elite T3 and have not had a problem with it so far not connecting, lost signal, ect, knock on wood. I keep a SPG on the surface just in case. I may have to thumb a dive but can get back in after connecting it. I know lots that keep the extra SPG attached and tucked away.

I have a Suunto Viper Air and works great, and I also use a brass & glass SPG clipped to my left hip D-ring.

I bring the glass and brass on big trips; on weekend trips I'll leave it. I've never noticed a signal loss with my Suunto D9. Battery issues shouldn't come as a surprise (unless you have an Uwatec).

I have been using a Suunto Vytec for the last 3 years and have never lost signal with the transmitter. I have a pressure gauge in my save a dive kit, just in case something happens though. I would just abort dive if transmitter didn't communicate properly and attach pressure gauge for subsiquent dives. I just purchased an Aeris Elite T3 though because the Vytecs depth sensor has been giving wrong depths. Decided to go with another brand since Suunto told me all they could do was sell me a new Vyper Air.

I never had a problem and I'm not going to buy an extra gauge for a phantom problem until it happens and becomes a real problem.

The thing is, the "You're gonna DIE!" crowd forgets that your tank doesn't suddenly become empty if your gauge dies. If the computer is dead, you are aborting the dive anyway, and you should have plenty of air in the cylinder to ascend.

As with the others, I dive an OC1 A/I, but keep my old Mares Puck on my BCD and an SPG on the boat should there be a problem. I may have a dive cut short, but will not lose a whole trip.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom