Planning KL trip--need some specific info please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RobinG

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
We're thinking of popping down to the upper Keys for a few days of diving. We've been several times, using the same operator (except the day after Katrina hit, and we found the only boat willing to go out, and had a great time but I can't recall the name).

We liked the operator in general, but not in particular. What we didn't like about the operator we used was threefold: 1) molded seats on the boat with no space to store gear out of the way. This resulted in the newer divers dropping gear wherever they doffed it, and even us not being able to tuck gear out of the way. 2) they removed our tanks as we climbed aboard after the dive, leaving the dust cap off the reg (with salt water dripping everywhere). 3) the ladder was a t-ladder which had a slight lean towards the bottom of the boat, meaning I needed about all the upper body strength I had to climb up. As I'm now JUST a little older (better looking but possibly not as athletic as I once was), we would like to find a boat that fits our style.

We liked the hotel proximity to the boat--meaning less effort to schlep gear.

Appreciate all recommendations.
Robin

Ok.. we just got back from diving with Key Largo Scuba Shack. Their boats are 6 pack with a DM in the water on every dive. Great folks. Don't know where you are staying. We rented an awesome condo which ended up being about 2 blocks from where we stayed. We went by the dive shop when we first got there and didn't go back till the day we left.
They took our gear back to the shop every day, rinsed it and hung it up to dry then returned it to the boat the next day. It was so great not having to deal with that....Makes life so much easier. I am not as young as I once was (LOL) and I can hardly lift all my gear bag....
Give them a call if you want...Tell them Lynn sent you....
Have fun

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom