Video - Great diving in Troy Spring

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RickI

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Troy springs.jpg

We went up to cave country over the 4th of July weekend and hit a number of springs. Here is a short video of a single scooter free diving drop in Troy Spring in Branford, Lafayette County, FL west of Ginnie Springs. It is an intriguing largely unobstructed sinkhole dropping to about 80 ft. with rock exposures on three sides and a talus slope on the fourth. This first magnitude spring discharges a meandering stream over and through shallow limestone features into the Suwannee River. The video was shot with a GoPro HD camera in an Eyeofmine.com corrective housing. For folks used to things off SE Florida it is a fascinating place to checkout and a departure from more well known springs like Ginnie, Itchetucknee, etc..

Video and more info at: Underwater Photo Of The Day - Page 6 - FKA Kiteboarding Forums

Nice video! My father and i have been checking out some springs lately, whats the cost for divers there? And is it pretty easily acccessible for divers to get to?

Thanks! They only charged for general access, $5. for the car. They were asking SCUBA divers to leave their C cards on their car dash. More about diving regs at: Welcome to Florida State Parks

Access was quite easy, a short walk down a concrete paved walkway through a bunch of switchbacks down the hill to the water. The sink is close to the parking lot.

Coming from SE Florida between the nice viz., vertical wall features it was well worth checking out in my opinion. There was fairly limited overhead space within the sink. It was the largest sink we dove over the weekend. Have lots more images from here and several other springs to put together into an article when I can.

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom