Deep diving dreams...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Garth

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Yesterday I finished my first book in 8 years. I usually start and lose interest. The book was shadow divers. I've heard so many divers recommend it. I just got around to it since I usually read these forums, not books. I read the book over three days and I'm shocked at how much I loved the book. I can't explain why I love deep, dark, cold places but I do. I can't explain why I would rather dive deep than shallow. I can't explain why I like to hang at decompression stops motionless thinking about what I just did well below. I can definitely tell you that I am most certainly hooked on deep water and tight spaces.
Maybe I like talking to myself, walking myself through a situation that could easily kill me if I flip. A situation that requires 100% concentration. I do know that I'm not alone. And I also know that there are situations I shouldn't put myself into due to my inexperience.

And does anyone know that I'm friends with chatterton and Koehler on Facebook? My family doesn't seem to flip out when I tell them so I'd thought I would say it here. Who cares about the people I went to highschool with I'm friends with some of the best divers in the world! WTF this is unbelievable.
I also think that there are people on here that I would love to dive with.

So this post has two parts.
1. Awesome book, great story and I want to dive with these guys someday or at least dive in jersey (the home state of my italian wife)
2. Thanks for listening and sharing the best sport on earth in my opinion. One that brings us so close to heaven. One that could kill us and deserves respect.

Cheers,
Garth McClune RN BSN CCRN TNCC ACLS BLS

(the credentials I thought I would throw in because I know they won't help much under water. But... I could save your life once on the surface.. Hint, hint just in case one of these huge expeditions needs surface support! I'd be interested. :-D

If you enjoyed Shadow divers, read "the last dive", the story of Chris and Chrissy from shadow divers, and diving into darkness.

If you enjoyed Shadow divers, read "the last dive", the story of Chris and Chrissy from shadow divers, and diving into darkness.

I thought The last dive was Bernie Chowdhury's auto biography? It sure read like that. What is very funny is the abridged audio book, the only parts that were abridged are the parts about the Rouses. all in all it was a good book though, just had the wrong title.

I thought The last dive was Bernie Chowdhury's auto biography? It sure read like that. What is very funny is the abridged audio book, the only parts that were abridged are the parts about the Rouses. all in all it was a good book though, just had the wrong title.

I thought the same thing when I read it. Good book but he talked about himself the whole dang book.

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom