Dive Op for Mini Lobster Season

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rickeyf413

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Me and my dive buddy are heading down to Key Largo for the 2011 mini lobster season and we're looking for a dive shop that offer mini lobster specific dive trips - also looking for a shop that has return psi dives (within dive profile limits of course) instead of time limit dive, if available.

Also what key has been more productive during the mini lobster season, numbers, size?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated

Most ops will have trips scheduled for the mini season, just call and book if you can find one that's not already sold out.

You can try calling Conch Republic Divers their online calendar shows plenty of room available.

As far as the rest of your post... You'd have better luck trying to score the next power ball numbers than getting anyone to tell you anything about where to go!:D

Good luck.

For a fee I'll let loose with some mega-ster info.

IF you can get on Gary's boat for mini season this is a very good idea. Conch Republic can get you there and BACK AGAIN during miniseason. The Keys is a MADHOUSE for mini season I'd want a Captain who will put his boat between his divers and oncoming Boozed up Day boaters. I know where huge 9 lbs + lobsters are but I am not telling..

I don't know why anyone would even entertain the idea/hassle of going to the keys for mini. Double the bag limit of bigger bugs anywhere else in the state. I'll be in your neck of the woods Eric.

IF you can get on Gary's boat for mini season this is a very good idea. Conch Republic can get you there and BACK AGAIN during miniseason. The Keys is a MADHOUSE for mini season I'd want a Captain who will put his boat between his divers and oncoming Boozed up Day boaters. I know where huge 9 lbs + lobsters are but I am not telling..

Lunchmeat-- You obviously are not aware of the Florida Lobster Migration and how all the Lobster travel to the Keys for the season. THere are NO lobster North of Monroe county. As for St Lucie County since the Bullsharks are not able to eat lobster anymore they pretty much start eating divers this time of year.

Thread HERE

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom