Surf Dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TMHeimer

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Dartmouth,NS,Canada(Eastern Passage-Atlantic)
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I did something new. Entered surf of 5/6 ft. waves. Followed my PADI training and saw diddly-squat beyond the surf. I had done something like that in N.S., but never a true surf entry. I have been in very rough surf swimming, but never diving. Now I know what you guys in SoCal/NorCal are talking about. I have faced rugged surge in NS, but not after a rough surf entry. Now all I have to do is drift diving (I've done that solo-if you call getting caught in currents more than you want "drift diving"). I was at Allenhurst Jetty, N.J. Assume you know the spot, RJP.

Isn't it fun? I've done similar off California and an odd rough day on the Big Island of Hawaii. I was foolish on the HI dive and tried taking my camera in with me. Luckily it wasn't damaged, but my body sure was from being beat against the rocks before I got past the break.

Another great learning experience, right? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom