D90 need some help

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mct

Registered
Reaction score
Hi everybody.

Currently im using g11 with cannon housing wp-dc34. But i star to thing get a housing for my d90 and go on.

İ currently looking for ikelite housing for my d90 but im little bit confused about which parts are neccesery for me. For example. Housing is 1399 usd at amazon but im not sure package includes any port or not.

Im jyst wondering that if i buy housing for my d90 which parts do i have to buy.

They says ports domes lenses etc. And these are means not too much thing to me.

I have 18-105 vr lens with my d90 and i also have 50mm.

İ saw very big dom about 8 inch for wide angle. But im nkt is it fiaheye(tooo wide lens with distorsion) or wide angle. İm looking ikelite part list but i can not be sure about the requirments

So if you give me some suggestion about my needs(d90 setup for wide angle an standart shoots) it will really helps.

Thank u for your time.

As no-one else seems to want to help you, I will do my best to do so. I suggest you get a 60mm D lens for macro (there is a newer version that is quite a bit dearer but the D lens will do fine) and a Tokina 10-17mm for wide angle. There are other good lenses but these two are by far the most popular among underwater photographers. You will ned a standard flatport, Ikelite #5502.41, for the 60mm lens and a 6" dome, Ikelite #5503, for the Tokina. You may be able to get used lenses and ports and save money if you keep an on e-bay and place Want-to-buy ads in the Classifieds sections of Scubaboard and Wetpixel. Good luck!

PS Remove the shade of the 6" dome (to avoid vignetting).

I have used and now for sale - as my Hugyfot D7000 housing arrived) a Ikelite D90 housing with
- 6'' dome for Tokina 12-24mm (excellent lens wit almost no barrel distorsion)
- flat port for Nikon Nikkor Micro 105mm D (excellent lens)
- flat port for Nikon Nikkor 18-105mm VR (Useless)

Be informed that the 6'' dome dont work well with rectilinear lenses like f.ex. Tokina 12-24mm or the Tokina 11-17mm, for those lenses
you need at least a 8'' dome to have lesser soft corners.
I had a look at the Sigma 15mm diagonal fisheye and it looks very cool as it has a 180° view without too much barrel distortion.

Once you chose your lens(es) you may ask Ikelite directly for the corresponding ports or you buy i for the same price at one of the big
underwater camera and video shops like reef photo and video in Ft. Lauderdale

Chris

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom