Lobster Migration Started!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Orlando Eric

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
It is that time of year again and I can report here in St Lucie County the Lobster have already lined up head to tail and started south. There are a few shorts around but for the most part they have all joined the annual Lobster Migration to Monroe county. I suspect by marching all day and night they should be passing through Broward county the 15th or 18th and end up in the Keys right on time around the 27th and 28th.

Many people do not know this is how mini season started. The lobster all migrate to Monroe county so all the divers wanted to dive when the lobsters arrived. So this is why it is a TOTAL waste of time to dive anywhere looking for lobster other than Monroe County. Only the very small or very sick lobster which can not survive the Migration stay North of Monroe County.

See Video HERE

Last edited:
Good to know! I don't suppose I'll waste any time diving around home on mini weekend. You're such a selfless soul to provide the public with such valuable info. :)

Hil-- Yep all gone. I have only seen very small lobsters "yearlings" around and some dieased near death ones which could not make the migration. Just like the migratory birds which fly south every year in winter Lobster do this during July arriving in the Keys around the last Wednesday and Thursday of July.

I am hoping to see them pass through Jupiter soon.

It is that time of year again and I can report here in St Lucie County the Lobster have already lined up head to tail and started south.

That's dang bizarre.

A lobster "conga line" - who'da thunk it?

Ohhh ape.jpg

Critcal Mass-- the video proof is right there.. don't believe yer own eyes? They are all in Monroe county now.. start heading south...

So on the 9th, the lobsters were lined marching south in St. Lucie county, and then on the 11th, they're already in Monroe county? These lobsters have Sunpass?
If they have passports, by the time mini season rolls around, they're all going to be in Tierra del Fuego.

Tom-- yeah i was just going with OS on my FB. I planned on it being a three week trip. They must have caught a ripping South current.

[duplicate post]

Critcal Mass-- the video proof is right there.. don't believe yer own eyes?

I didn't say I don't believe it. Re-read my post.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom