Any pressure gauge recommendations?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

koozemani

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm in the market for a new pressure gauge. I'm trying to get away from a 2 or 3 gauge console and streamline to a single pressure gauge. All dives will be warm water and within rec.limits. It also would need to be nitrox compatible.

Any recommendations?

Price is not much of an object, but figured on spending $100 or so.

Thanks in advance,

Do either of those include hoses or boots? If not, then the price would end up higher then others listed on that site.

With the brass and glass SPG's like that one very few people put them in a boot so there is no chance to store water in with it and have it go bad quickly and also with the hoses, most of the time there is not one included so that the diver can chose what will work best for their rig. I know that DRIS also has the HOG SPG's as well.

With the brass and glass SPG's like that one very few people put them in a boot so there is no chance to store water in with it and have it go bad quickly and also with the hoses, most of the time there is not one included so that the diver can chose what will work best for their rig. I know that DRIS also has the HOG SPG's as well.

Thanks

I have one of these and just bought another, the large OMS SPGs. Color-coded, glow-in-the-dark, with both PSI and BAR in case you travel a lot. Large face, rugged, I love 'em.

They come with a boot and hose. It's your choice whether you want to use the boot or not, of course, but I use mine and I like it (I abuse the heck out of my gear so a rubber cushion makes sense). It may "store water" for a while after diving, but it has never corroded while providing years of trouble-free service. Kudos to OMS.

So without the boot I'm guessing that you would clip it off with a bolt snap to a d-ring?

g2:
I have one of these and just bought another, the large OMS SPGs. Color-coded, glow-in-the-dark, with both PSI and BAR in case you travel a lot. Large face, rugged, I love 'em.

They come with a boot and hose. It's your choice whether you want to use the boot or not, of course, but I use mine and I like it (I abuse the heck out of my gear so a rubber cushion makes sense). It may "store water" for a while after diving, but it has never corroded while providing years of trouble-free service. Kudos to OMS.

Me likey. But I see "bs"s point about being able to pick which type of hose to use. In the end, I would probably switch out a standard hose for a myflex one.

So without the boot I'm guessing that you would clip it off with a bolt snap to a d-ring?

Exactly. Most clip to a left hip d-ring but some clip up near the chest where they can glance down and see it without unclipping

Why miflex? I can see it on a long hose where it makes a big diff w weight and ability to coil. What's the gain on hp?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom