Camera - on Odyssey Wreck in Roatan near Anthony's Key Resort, Honduras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rythmmaker

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I lost a red Nikon L22 digital camera in an acrylic Ikelite housing on Thursday morning, June 30 on the wreck of the Odyssey in Roatan, Honduras.. I penetrated the superstructure at the stern of the wreck at about 105 feet and followed the stairwell up 5 levels to near the wheelhouse where I exited the ship. The housing is slightly positive and I had the camera on a lanyard upon entering the wreck, but did not have it upon exiting.

My buddy was too low on air at that point in the dive to attempt to re-enter the wreck to look for it.

I returned early the next morning with a fresh tank of nitrox and searched the inside with a light to no avail.

There is a small DAN gear tag attached to the housing with my name and phone number engraved on it. If you find it, I will gladly pay a reward and shipping to have it returned to me.

The wreck is located just off the north western shore of Roatan about 1/4 mile from Anthony's Key - approximate coordinates are:

16°20'13.84"N and 86°34'7.66"W

Thanks!

Mark R.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom