RX bi-focal Mask lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ccx2

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I wear a dive mask with rx lens and see well with these lens for distance but can't read gauges or close very well. Does anyone know if some sort of bi-focal can be put in a mask lens along with a prescription lens? Thanks

Short answer..... Yes.

I know we have a company who makes them to your perscriplion,so there must be something like that in your country. Best check your LDS.

I used these guys.

They did a great job, quick service, looks like they have a lot of experience...

masks.jpg

Look at a company called Prescriptiondivemasks.com...California co. that specializes in all types of diving Rx's...I've used them several times, always been happy...Turn around time is about 3 weeks.....

Interesting, 2 web sites with the same name doing the same thing on opposite coast.
Welcome to Prescription Dive Masks 1-800-538-2878.

I have used the west coast one for several mask and I have always been very happy with them. I currently have 2 mask from them both with full prescriptions and bifocals, one for general use and another custom made for camera use (raised bifocals and more power to read that blasted fine print on the display).

Great, Thanks Guys.
doctormike, i didnt notice the 'these guys" in blue on your reply ,thanks

My LDS sent my two new masks to the West coast company for bifocal lens. They helped me mark the masks for the bifocal location on the lens and shipped them off. I got them back in time for my trips to Bonaire and North Carolina. Should have done it years ago. I can't tell you how great it is to read the small numbers and settings on camera and computer.

BTW they don't add anything to the cost of the lens. Thanks Indian Valley Scuba.

For any older guys having problems with masks sealing around their wrinkles, try the Halcyon masks. They have much wider seals than the others I have tried.

Finding a mask that doesn't leak encouraged me to spend the money for the bifocal lens.

Scubaoptics is another company that does prescription dive masks as does SeaVision
Scuba Diving Prescription Eye Wear, Scuba Prescription Mask, Snorkeling Eye Wear, Snorkel Eyewear, Scuba Eye Gear
Prescription Scuba Diving Masks - Snorkeling Masks - SeaVisionUSA

Seavison did the mask I have now with my Bifocal script and if you know the type of maks you want you can buy direct and not pay the dive shop mark up that I got screwed with to the tune of almost 90 bucks over actual cost. Next mask I get I will buy direct.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom