Key Largo Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubabunnijenn

Registered
Reaction score
Hi Everyone !!! I'm headed to Key Largo the end of August and am looking for any referrals or opinions obout the local dive shops or spots to see. Would love anyones opinions, good or bad, so we can plan the trip wisely !! Thanks !!

I dive with sea dwellers. There are a bunch of other dive shops who have nice boats and I've only heard good things about all of them, literally. I've always wanted to try silent world; they seem to have a pretty solid setup.
P.S. A lot of the boats are 47' newtons so it's usally packed like sardines (be the first one to get wet). Good luck.

send a shout to mseleneous!!!!!!!

also,my favorite is horizon divers
can't keep a straight face around capt bob!!!!!
it's allllll good!
have fun
yaeg

Last edited:
I went 3 dives with Conch Republic on Tavernier! Great shop! Boat wasnt overcrowded and very cool crew!

Conch republic Divers will treat you right!

Another vote for Silent World. Used them in April. Very pleased. Dived the S Grove and Benwood wrecks.

It is expensive, but for most folks it's a once in a lifetime experience - Jules Undersea Lodge.

In all honesty - almost all of the operators there are good to excellent.
It would be the unusual situation where you got a bad one.

We use The HMS Minnow which is a six pack out of the holiday inn marina at mile marker 100.
Lots of things are referenced against that mile marker.

That operator runs a six pack and you are expected to do everything your self (be competent) - he supplies tanks/weights and gets you to the site - gives you a briefing and says be back in an hour or so. This isn't a good choice for a beginner but is an excellent choice for a small group of experienced divers.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom