Sherwood Solaris Power Inflator Free Flow

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ecadwallader

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Just wondering if anyone has had any problems with the power inflator on the new models of sherwood bcds

I just purchased a new Sherwood Solaris for my fiance. I was going through her gear with her before her open water dives. This vest has never been in the water before. I pressed and released the PI and the wing continued to fill at a very fast rate. Was full within a few seconds. The button seems to not spring all of the way back after inflation. I can replicate the problem every time with a light tap of the inflator button. The bc was purchased from leisurepro

We used all Sherwood bcd's as our rental gear from our LDS. And my wife recently used a friend's brand new Solaris. No problems. Send it back.

Another reason to buy from your LDS. The problem would have already been corrrected.. Not an attack, just a fact..

So as it turns out,m the button has a problem with the oring, as did the initial recal. The oring jams in the button/valve holding it open. Leisurepro was very good about sending out a new button express the same day.

I am all for supporting the LDS, however simply cannot afford to. Without exaggeration, going through Leisure pro was less than half the price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom