How to not appreciate the wildlife

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

blackvans1234

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am pro spearfishing, hunting, line fishing -- any sort of CONSERVATION regulated taking of tasty critters. I however am against stupid cowboys riding turtles, poaching out of season, taking shorts, over limit... etc. I watch for this all the time and have yet to have been lucky enough to catch someone doing it. It is only a matter of time before someone sitting on a boat or diving the same reef is going to get a expensive surprise..

I am all for spear fishing too but that guys a dick leave the turtle alone. Only one time when its ok a to bother a sea turtle is if its caught in some garbage. Did any one forward this video to fish and wild life yet.

I'm an avid outdoorsman (fish and hunt) and get sick at crap like this. Sadly, such crap (riding the turtle like a cowboy) is not just in spearo's, because idiocy transcends every grouping line we can come up with.

I'm all for forwarding this clip to FWC. And as a hunter fisherman, I have NO qualms about dropping a dime on a violator. There are very few reasons for poaching taking of shorts that are justifiable.

Although I don't think any of my buds would ever ride a turtle, (never know when you are narqued:wink:) I do think they would expect me to shot them with my spear if they ever did!
See you topside! John

Unfortunatley like traffic citations I believe this sort of thing has to be seen by Sworn LEO. With Out of season, Shorts, etc they have evidence after the fact. With harassment once it is done there is nothing and I do not think a video as such is submissible. They will get theirs someday. Big old Karma Shark will bite their kester.

Poor turtle, didn't even get a reach around.

Unfortunatley like traffic citations I believe this sort of thing has to be seen by Sworn LEO. With Out of season, Shorts, etc they have evidence after the fact. With harassment once it is done there is nothing and I do not think a video as such is submissible. They will get theirs someday. Big old Karma Shark will bite their kester.

FWC has investigators. I read their reports all time and they're increasingly using social media sites like this to catch people doing these very things. I think submitting it wouldn't hurt.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom