Hollis 16w LED light, lumens.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ndemeis

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I have been looking at the Hollis 16w canister light. I am trying to get an idea of the lumens and burn time. I've read different things on different sites. Some say A) 1000+ lumens for 4+ hours, b) one said 960 lumens for 4 hours, and other say C) 1000+ lumens and then say it burns for 4+ hours. So my question is which of these is right? Does it burn for 4 hours at 1000 lumens then drop off? or does it burn at 960 Lumens for 4 hours then drop off? Or does it have a different varient of the lumens coninually dropping off as it burns?

I can't answer your technical questions, but I can say that it's a great light and works well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't answer your technical questions, but I can say that it's a great light and works well for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe you can. Does the light seem less bright after 30min of use? 1 hour, 2 hours? When do you see a dip in lighting quality? There isn't much info on this light out there, only about the time it came out then it seemed to get quiet. But being made by LM I'm sure it's an awesome light.

Thanks for the post and questions. The LED16 is rated at 1000 lumens @ 4 hours continuously which is a characteristic of most all lithium cells. Declining output or "dip" in output as the battery life decreases is a characteristic of alkaline cells.

Thanks for the post and questions. The LED16 is rated at 1000 lumens @ 4 hours continuously which is a characteristic of most all lithium cells. Declining output or "dip" in output as the battery life decreases is a characteristic of alkaline cells.

Awesome. Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. Will probably be picking one of these up in the next few weeks!

Maybe you can. Does the light seem less bright after 30min of use? 1 hour, 2 hours? When do you see a dip in lighting quality? There isn't much info on this light out there, only about the time it came out then it seemed to get quiet. But being made by LM I'm sure it's an awesome light.

I've never had an issue with dimming. (I DID have a battery issue, but Hollis & Light Monkey took prompt care of it.)

Back
Top Bottom