Please help with my fitting question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

janamc

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
I've snooped all over the internet and can't find a definitie answer to my question. I need some tips about how a properly fitted BC fits.

I just bought my first BC, a Genesis Sirene. According to the size chart, I should be in a size medium. Everything fits except the waist. With the cumberbund (spelling?) tightened comfortably, there's about 4 inches of velcro hanging off the end. Only about 3 inches is actually sticking together the way it overlaps. The snap strap on the waist is tightened all the way, but is still a little slack. I can lift the whole BC up and down pretty easily. Should I try the small? I used a man's small jacket style in my OW course, and it fit fine. However, according to the Genesis size chart, I'm pretty close to being in a large at 5'7" 165lbs! I'm asking because I bought online (yes, slap my wrist:no:) and have to pay shipping on returns. I don't wanna get the small just to realize it's TOO small and have to go through this again.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom