Oceanic OC1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If its anything like the atom 2, you program your buddies transmitter number into your computer and it will pick up the signal if you are close enough.

It's on the expensive side. However it's a top notch product.

Wireless transmitter
Digital compass
Buddy check and more.

The buddy check works via the wireless transmitter. The buddy must have on their first stage a wireless transmitter connected.

Once configured and paired it'll tell you the dive buddy air consumption and other info.

You can connect up three separate wireless transmitter including your own.

Have fun diving and enjoy!!!

You buy a second transmitter for ~ $420 & put it on your buddy's first stage and sync them.

As much as I like OC1, monitoring buddy's air and digital compass are two features I don't think I ever need. The question is why you want/need to monitor air for your buddy. And what is wrong with a dedicated compass where you can monitor you heading while your computer still display your depth and time.

You can get a atom 2 full system (transmitter and PC cable) for less than $600 since the atom 3 was released. It has the buddy air check function.

teaching students, especially one on one's with AOW

is there another dive computer you suggest that isn't as pricey

or maybe you should emphasize your AOW student to monitor his/her SPG more frequently instead of monitoring for them. Or just ask them for their PSI.

As for less expansive option to connect to more than one transmitter, Oceanic VT3 (4), Atom

Emphasizing ones SPG is always important, none the less..............how many new AOW divers do you know deny being NARCED, peace of mind for me is most important

Thank you for your suggestions

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom