Air Fills - How Much Are You Paying?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DMDavid

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Recently my LDS charged me $7.50 to fill my 80cf tank with air and they asked if I had a Fill Card.
That would probably knock off an additional dollar off each fill bringing the total to $6.50 + tax.

Well I don't have an air fill card because I normally get my tanks filled in South Florida where I do most of my diving and the average cost is around $4.00 per fill.

So that got me wondering how much everyone else is paying at their LDS or dive location to fill a standard 80cf tank and if there's a discount for size or fill card.

So how much are you paying?

Posted from my iPhone using Tapatalk

$5 is the most common. Air cards are cards that you buy say 20 fills in advance for a discounted rates.

$5.00 at the LDS, $8.00 at the scuba park. These prices are for air, not nitrox.

People actually PAY for air fills? The "normal " price over here is $10.00 kiwi which is about $8 us

I pay a flat fee of $100 per month for nitrox fills ... works out to an average of about $4 - $5 per fill ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

$5 per fill, you can sign up for air fill card and get 1 free fill after 10 fills.

One of our LDS charges 7.50 for a fill. They too offer an air fill card which is suppose to save you a buck or so per fill. I have bought one and it is more hassle than it is worth. The manager at that dive shop does not know how to fill tanks (only been working their for a couple of years now). :shakehead: Across town another shop charges 5.00 per fill.

$4 bucks, $6 dollars for nitrox, I very rarely get air fills though!

From the LDS its either $6/fill or only $3/fill if your a member of their dive club (also get discounts on all the gear you buy from them). Don't know if this covers Nitrox fills.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom