Installing crotch strap on dry-suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

randytay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I bought a dry suit few months ago. It has telescopic torso but it does not have a crotch strap. This makes my 2nd dive and beyond irritating as I have to hold the sides of my suit to make sure the crotch area do not dangle too low or I wont be able to kick. Now I am going to install a P-valve, I am thinking it could be a disaster waiting to happen since the lower portion of the suit is not held in place.

Does anyone know where or how I can install a crotch strap on my dry suit?

A worthwhile book to have for making any DIY repairs on a drysuit or wetsuit is Wetsuit and Drysuit Maintenance and Repair by Steven Lindblom. The book can be ordered online from Airspeed Press.

If you don't have the time or energy to do the work yourself, then contact Gamble Scuba to discuss your options for modifying the drysuit.

Seems to me that the drysuit should have a mechanism to hold the extra/telescoping material in. Bare has the ATR (automatic torso recoil) feature built-in. Several of the DUI front-entry drysuits have an integrated crotchstrap.
If your drysuit has a telescoping torso yet lacks a crotchstrap or an ATR-like feature, then either this was an obvious design flaw on the suit or someone (the previous owner of the suit?) removed the crotch strap for some reason.

More like a design flaw. Its my first drysuit and it cost only 700, including custom measurement. Thats the only complaint I have with the suit though.

Its an Aquasport Bilam. But its really a USIA suit. I really cannot complain at that price.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom