Mag4 Gauge Reader mask leak?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leon7997

Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
bought it online, vendor said it was "used" but looked new to me when it arrived ... sealed ok in living room (no-strap inhale thru nose test) ... take it diving and leaked ... switched to previous mask and completed the day's dives ... asked dive shop owner about it, thought maybe not having shaved in 2 days would be the issue, but was not ... even took a razor to dive site and it didn't help ... bought some Mask Seal and cleaned the skin oils off the skirt and my face with gauze dipped in rubbing alcohol ... still feeling air entering during inhale test ... then closer examination of the nose bridge area revealed a gap between the vertical frame piece and the lenses on both sides, on the outer side away from my face, into which I can insert a pointed toothpick ... so now I'm thinking THAT is where my leakage is occurring ... what should I use to seal that gap, superglue, Aqua Seal, or what ?

If the product is defective and you purchased it from an authorized dealer, it may be a warranty issue if you have your receipt. If not you can use any waterproof glue/adhesive but it still may not seal or be comfortable. It sounds like it may have been damaged.
Safe diving,
Team Sherwood

Back
Top Bottom