Log Book Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LilmanHSU

Contributor
Reaction score
This is a really silly question, but I really want to know.

I log all my dives.. But I don't always have the person I dive with sign them.. They are on my dive computer.

Will this be a problem come Speciality courses or Master Scuba Diver courses where they require 50 logged dives?

I always put the name of the person I dove with, the boat, and the date/place.. I just don't always get a signature.

Thanks!

Honestly, I don't actually get signatures either....

In most cases, your log book will never even be checked to see anything other than a number of dives.

If it comes down to it, I have the number of both my instructor and my buddy who can verify that I am who I say I am on me at almost all times.

So long as you disply sound judgement and don't act like a baffoon you should have nothing to worry about.

It might not be a problem for the Walter Association of Underwater Instructors (WAUI), but if you ever need to mail in a copy of your logbook to NAUI or PADI or SSI or YMCA to become a divemaster or instructor, then it could become a show-stopper.

Karl_in_Calif once bubbled...
It might not be a problem for the Walter Association of Underwater Instructors (WAUI), but if you ever need to mail in a copy of your logbook to NAUI or PADI or SSI or YMCA to become a divemaster or instructor, then it could become a show-stopper.

I don't know of anyone that has ever had to mail in a copy of their log book. I know that my instructor trainer checked mine to make sure I had the required number of dives but they weren't all signed either.

Lilman, get them signed just for your own purposes. You never know who might become famous some day.

Yeah.. I kinda figured.. I would at least get milestone dives logged and signed by my instructors.. even if their are gaps, those are the ones i most rely on.. its hard since i don't dive with a regular crowd.. (whoever I meet on the boat) its hard to find them to get a signature..

Toying with the idea of being a instructor.. I like diving, I like working with people.. who knows!

--Thanks

Make sure you do in fact have 60 signatures in your logbook. Most ITCs require it. Some more or less.

For the AOW, SRD, MD, etc, have your instructor sign the entry for those ow dives. You'll never be asked to send your logbook to the agency, they empower your instructor to look at it for them. don't believe everything you read on the internet, you knew that already right?

Back
Top Bottom