Nikonos Strobe w/Ikelite Tray?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SouthFla

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Hey there,

Is it possible to use a Nikonos SB-102 Strobe(s) with the ikelite tray/arm system? I can't seem to determine from viewing the various ikelite arm sections if I can adapt the SB102 head onto the ikelite system. There is a reference to a Nikonos SB103/105 ball adapter (#9577.45), but I don't know if this will also work with the Nikonos 102's.

Thanks for any guidance :D

SouthFla,

Sorry for the delay in response. We are still trying to get confirmation that the #9577.45 adapter will allow the Nik 102 strobe to connect to the Ikelite arm. One individual here believes it will work, but we no longer have a 102 strobe to test. As soon as we can verify compatibility, we will post it here.

Regards,

I have to again compelment Ikelite.
Their super customer service starts even before someone is a customer.

I own 4 of their products and they all exceeded my expections. :D

Thanks folks. No worries Brett, I appreciate the response. I've gone ahead and ordered the parts, feeling pretty confident that I can adapt the connectors to the strobe if it does not work out of the box. I just have two perfect condition 102's that are great powerful manual strobes that I'd like to use until they poop out and I upgrade to the 160's :)

And THANK YOU for the awesome service you guys did on my 5DII housing earlier in the month!

John

Back
Top Bottom