SW Arkansas NE Texas or NW Lousiana Buddies needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GotAir

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm having a hard time finding someone to dive with in my area. there's just nobody around here that scuba's. I would like to keep up my skills thru the winter so i dont get out of practice. so if any of you are in the area that I have mentioned above give me a buzz at smallengineparts@yahoo.com . even if somebody knows of a club in the area to join, that would be great also. Mike

I would like to do some lake diving at the 30 to 60 ft range. I have all my own equipment and tanks to boot. surely there's somebody out there that isnt a WWW to dive with in my area. I'm easy going and will dive at your skill level. so lets get together and dial our skills in so next year we dont have to have 3 or more dive's to get our skills back inline. Mike

But I would like to do some lake diving to keep up my skills. I am about 5 hrs away from Bull Shoals or Ten Killer in OK. But I can only dive on weekends and that will soon fade until we get our Collision Repair Center up. Nov- Dec.

I dont know very many divers yet in this area, yet. where do you like to dive at? where are you located at? Larry

I can only dive on weekends also. i dont know where bull shoals is but i can find out. i dont have a place I go diving in SW Arkansas or someone to dive with either. i've only dove in the Ocean so far. but I'll PM you tomorrow with more info about what I found out about site's close to us. thanks for your reply I thought I was stuck in nowhere's-ville for a moment. mike

Hey guys-

I'm kinda a wuss when it comes to diving in cold weather/temps but you might want to check out Beaver Lake in NW Ark. That is the Eureka Springs area. I did my ow checkout there in Aug. There is some great diving there and the "ledges" not sure what it really is called but is near the dam - is a great place to play.

Also check out Oronogo about 10 mi north of Joplin, MO. www.oronogo.com They are usually open the year around but not this year - closed from Dec to Mar. It is an old quarry and offers a lot of different types of diving, rec to tech.

Becky

Mike, I live in NW La. About 35 miles south of Taylor, Ar. if you know where that is. You have a great place to dive at Lake Ouachita. send me a pm and we'll try to get together up there for some diving. It will be at least 3 weeks before I can go, but I'm ready after that. Ouachita has good diving in depths from 25' on down to too deep for me. The dam has 4 boats sunk on it, along with a golf cart and toilet. Lots of cool wall dive along the river channel too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom