Sub wrecks on the Eastern US Coast

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aujax

Reaction score
Does anyone know of an exhaustive on-line resource that gives info (location, depth, charters that go there) about all submarine wrecks on the east coast of the US?

Are you looking for all Subs Us and German? Do you have one in particular? There aren't that many, of the top of my head, U352 U85, U701, U1105, U853, U869...US subs S5, Tarpon, Blennie. These are the ones I can think of real quick. There are a couple more, a Uboat off the VA Capes used in the Billy Mitchell tests and then I think an american sub in new england that sank during testing or gunfirebut I am not sure of the names ...

Hank Keats has researched and documented extensively on this topic. www.u-boat.net shows approximate locations of boats reported sunk off the East Coast.

hmm, that link doesn't seem to work. do you have another?
I was looking for sub wrecks off the coast of MD, NJ, NY, Conn - those would be closest for me, though I'd like to be aware of the rest in the event I'm in those states and want to dive.

I saw some one give this link somewhere:

www.uboatarchive.net

Pretty cool...

Waterlover once bubbled...
There are a couple more, a Uboat off the VA Capes used in the Billy Mitchell tests

U-117, 140 and 148; WWI boats [230', 270' and 275' respectively]. There is also 2513 down in the dry tortugas at 228'. U-550 near the Doria and U-215 110 miles east of Cape Cod are still being searched for.

There's U-176 near Cuba, but that's somwehere around 800 or 900 meters. U-166 south of the mississippi, but that's 5000 feet. There's a dumping ground somewhere around massachusetts that is around 600; but I'm still digging out details on that.

There are a bunch of other subs too. The Bass and L-8 in Rhode Island come right to the top of my head, and a few others. www.wreckhunter.net has some nice lists.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom