Nitek Duo and Tec 2G disappeared today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

drbill

The Lorax for the Kelp Forest
Scuba Legend
Rest in Peace
Reaction score
# of dives
2500 - 4999
I headed down to do my water monitoring for Catalina's new Sea Trek attraction. Somewhere between my house, the SCUBA Luv dive shop and the skiff tied to the green Pleasure Pier, a small white "bag" disappeared. In it were my two dive computers, a Dive Rite Nitek Duo and a Scubapro Tec 2G, along with a compass, some tools and a bunch of my business cards. Since no one has called, and I've checked with the Harbor Dept, Sheriff's Station and the local dive operators; I have to assume that either I've lost my marbles or someone has walked off with these critical tools.

I do NOT suspect a diver did this. There was one shifty character in the vicinity who is an ex-con, known thief and drug user who I suspect but have no proof he was involved.

If anyone sees one of these computers for sale in SoCal on Craigs list, E-Bay, etc. please let me know. I am looking for the serial numbers for the two computers and will post them.

That sucks Bill. Hope they catch him before he gets far, and return your property. I'd loan you my two if I wasn't preparing for a trip. Good luck

Thanks, Don. So far it doesn't look good on a return. The bag had my business cards in it so anyone who took it by "mistake" and was honest could have contacted me, or turned it in to the Sheriff or Harbor Dept. I have my suspicions about who may have taken it... an ex-con with a drug problem who lives on the island and may have an issue with me. He was in the vicinity, but I have no proof he took it. Going to see if the Sheriff can look at the Big Brother video for that date and time since we have video cameras all over town these days.

Initiated filing a theft report, but officially this gear is considered "lost" until more time passes according to the LAC Sheriff's protocol. Hopefully the Nitek Duo and Tec 2G won't turn up on E-Bay or Craig's List before then.

I must have done something really bad (in my sleep?) given my karma lately.

Was driving down to the dive park and had to pull over for a car coming uphill fast. My new L&M Stingray housing, Sola 1200 lights and the Sony CX550V inside fell off the golf cart onto the street. Other than cosmetic damage and a broken mounting ring for the control arm, it doesn't appear to have lost functionality... a tribute to L&M engineering and construction.

My primary suspect in the theft of the dive computers left the island for a while. My guess is that if he is the thief, he went to the mainland to sell them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom