Good Scuba-Themed Movies

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aujax

Reaction score
Anybody know any good movies that have a lot of scuba shots in them? I loved the Abyss - really only for the cinematography, not so much the story or acting. Since I'm stuck in my apartment for a while, I think I'll pour some water on my head and watch some movies... :wink:

The Deep, Nick Nolte. Bond flicks can have some good underwater shots.

The abyss, thunderball, the deep (great opening shot).

Me and my father watched Thunderball today. Has a hellavu underwater fight seen.

Well it's not really a scuba theme, but I highly recommend the box set of Blue Planet (4 dvd's). It's awesome.

Bob

I collect old scuba themed movie posters, I don't know how available they are but here are some titles to look for: Underwater Warrior, Around the World Under the Sea, Underwater, Undersea Girl.

It's actually about free diving, but The Big Blue is a great movie.

Jaws and The Abyss! Two great underwater-related movies! And I am talking about the first Jaws....after that it just got bad. You can actually hear the shark roar in Jaws 2. Anyone else ever notice that? A scene on open ocean when the shark almost gets Sean as they pull him unconscious into the sailboat. The shark barely misses his legs and as the shark passes, you hear what sounds like a loud lion roar. I HATE that part. :)

You can try Atlantis - 90 minutes of underwater film with only just music... Play your favorite cd instead of the rather boring new age music and you will enjoy beautiful footage of big pelagics from Luc Besson...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom