zeagle express tech?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaScotty561

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
whats everyone's thoughts on the express tech. i was looking at this bc because i have a really hard time finding a bc that fits me right. The express tech claims they fit everyone and i tried one on and fit me perfect, i never tried on a bc that fit me better. But it is a travel bc. I won't really do much traveling so its just my everyday bc. I'm not doing doubles, atleast not for a couple years and when that road comes i'll buy a better suited rig. But for now, just plain old single tank recreational diving, what do you think of it? And also i like steel tanks, is the 24 lb enough or should i go up a bit higher? thanks

I use one and the 24lb wing in enough FOR ME with LP95's as singles. With an exposure suit of at least 3 mils. I'm 5'7" and around 160 and not a floater. In a skin of just swim suit I'd want the bigger 34 lb wing for heavy steels. And add a crotch strap. And it will fit damn near anybody.

Do a search, there are a couple of long threads on the ET. I have one that I dive quite often. While IMO, 24 lb lift is plenty for 90% of all divers unless you are diving a huge wetsuit, you can get it with a 35 lb bladder if you want.

The ET is not just a Travel BC. I use mine when I travel and when I dive locally. It works just fine for both. When I ordered mine I was not aware that you could order it with a larger bladder and got the standard 24# wing. When I travel I use the 24# wing and at home I use the 44# wing from my Ranger. At home I dive big steel tanks and a 7 mil Farmer John with 22# of lead and the ET works well. If I had it to do over again I would have gotten a 30# or 35# wing and used that for every thing.

The ET behaves well in the tropics and in the cold water of Minnesota.

As Herman Said there are several threads about the ET and the large majority of the post are positive.

Back
Top Bottom