BCD without inflator/deflator attachment

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

theunraveler

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi all,

I have an old BCD that does not have an inflator device attached to the hose, is it possible to send it to a dive shop to get a new attachment or do I have to purchase a new BCD? Its a SCUBAPRO Classic BCD.

Regards,

Should be straightforward - replacing an inflator is easy if expensive, that's assuming it's all conventional

That's standard.

They came like that from the factory.

I think it was the Classic that had an issue with the inflater attachment port. I understand there was a recall, but I never received notice for my old Classic. It sits in my dive locker and I can't attach an inflater to it (but also have not used it in a number of years). Check this out... I (hopefully) may be wrong.

Thanks for insight Dr Bill, how old are we talking, I put the Inflater on my big wing and put an Air2 on the classic, did not know of this recall.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom