What's your best dive ever ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nomro

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hey divers and bubble makers,
I thought to start a fun thread as a change .
Could you describe your best dive ever ? try to give us information like location , when did you do it , what did you see and why do you think it was your best dive ?

Pics would be great too :)

Have splendid safe dives :)

Hmm let me see,

My very first dive. :idk:
My last OW dive, where our instructor left us after a few minutes :shocked2:
The dive where I was bitten by a pike :eyebrow:

Nope, I think it was that RedSea dive where Dolphins came to us and played with us.:D

Diving has so many great moments, it just impossible to find the best ones.

BUT most of my dives where good ones. Mind you not all, but most.

Just a happy (and lucky) diver.

Point Lobos
With 100'+ vis, in the kelp forest--probably only once in a lifetime, but it keeps bringing me back.

I will start the thread :
I think the Thistlegorm wreck in the red sea near Ras Mohamed is by far my best dive .I have actually done it twice and I'm looking forward to having a night dive there in the future.
It is the best dive because there is a lot you can see. Not to mention the history , the 128 m 3 story ship was sunk in WW2 while waiting for its turn to pass the Suez Canal , German fighters accidentally located it and sunk it before unloading its shipment, which makes it an underwater museum , you can see motorcycles , trucks , train locomotive etc....a big 120mm anti aircraft gun.
PICT0078.jpgPICT0089.jpgPICT0122.jpg

TRUK Lagoon...... It is the BEST wreck diving I have ever done so far! Looking at planning a trip to Bikini Atoll! I want to see the Saratoga!

Great , keep it coming :)

To take a quote from Tom Brady:

My next one.

Too hard! Was it the Thistlegorm, which was the first wreck dive to make an emotional connection for me? Or dropping off the RIB in Rangiroa into a pod of dolphins? Or my first cenote tour in Dos Ojos, where I knew that this was something that had to be part of my life from then on? Or doing the SoCal oil rigs for the first time, in over a hundred feet of viz through deep, cobalt blue water?

Or was it a half hour of absolute manic insanity on scooters, in the company of 30 or 40 juvenile sea lions? Or spending ten minutes watching two large Giant Pacific Octopuses chasing each other? Or the dive on Big Brother in the Red Sea, where we did 30 minutes more deco than was called for, because the reef was stunning and we were having too much fun to get out of the water? Or my first "real" tech dive in Monterey, where we fell and fell and fell, and fetched up on structure at 160 feet?

Too many to choose. And more to come!

Too hard! Was it the Thistlegorm, which was the first wreck dive to make an emotional connection for me? Or dropping off the RIB in Rangiroa into a pod of dolphins? Or my first cenote tour in Dos Ojos, where I knew that this was something that had to be part of my life from then on? Or doing the SoCal oil rigs for the first time, in over a hundred feet of viz through deep, cobalt blue water?

Or was it a half hour of absolute manic insanity on scooters, in the company of 30 or 40 juvenile sea lions? Or spending ten minutes watching two large Giant Pacific Octopuses chasing each other? Or the dive on Big Brother in the Red Sea, where we did 30 minutes more deco than was called for, because the reef was stunning and we were having too much fun to get out of the water? Or my first "real" tech dive in Monterey, where we fell and fell and fell, and fetched up on structure at 160 feet?

Too many to choose. And more to come!

You know, being beaten by a pulp by my sister seems a small price to pay to dive with everyone up in the PNW the more you post about your dives.

But if required to pick a single dive, would have to be the dive in the keys were some dolphins came in and investigated us and played around some.

Looks like the Dolphin dives a winning :rofl3:

Beats a wreck anytime, mine where at Abu Nuhas, never saw the wrecks that time :D

Back
Top Bottom