I-90 heads for Leeward & Greater Antilles

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DandyDon

Colonoscopy Advocate
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
One kilometer high on the Texas Central Plains
# of dives
500 - 999
Whether or not it will build to be named or not is uncertain. One projects it to make 70 mph in 5 days.

Maps should auto update but may stop if the storm builds enough to be reclassified, then will be replaced with new maps... :idk:

at201190_model_intensity.gif

Pretty bad looking path if it builds...

at201190_model.gif

[-]It seems to have dissipated. :thumb:[/-]

Oops! It's trying to get going again. Still not a threat tho.

Last edited:
This wave is still a probably-not for significant development, but there is a chance now. From Dr. Masters' blog this morning...
Again this morning, none of the models are suggesting meaningful development of Invest 90L. However, the GFS (finally) has come around to resolving the circulation at all. Dr. Rob Carver and I spoke this morning, and we came to the conclusion that the lack of observations in this region, combined with the small size of the system, is causing the models to not have the best handle on the situation. The Hurricane Center has a Hurricane Hunter mission scheduled for 18z (2pm EDT) tomorrow, after which we could see the models starting to favor development again. Today the Hurricane Center is forecasting a 20% chance of development over the next 48 hours. I agree with that, but I also think that beyond 48 hours this wave is going to have a better shot at developing a closed circulation at the surface.
It's expected to veer northeast away from the Yucatan, towards Texas actually - hey, we need the rain! - but cruise ships passing thru the channel may see some rains tonight...

Capture2.jpg

Upgraded to Tropical Storm so the first tracking map no longer works. I give you TS Don...

at201104.gif

:shocked2: Whooo, boy; Galveston, Corpus, get your schit together!!! :shakehead:

Keep those ATF weapons under cover so they don't rust. :)

Actually I hope it provides some needed rain without any damage.

:shocked2: Whooo, boy; Galveston, Corpus, get your schit together!!! :shakehead:
It did jump from I-90 to TS quickly, but not forecast to be any worse than a TS.

It did jump from I-90 to TS quickly, but not forecast to be any worse than a TS.

Current forecasts are for it to make landfall just below hurricane strength. I just hope it doesn't turn into another Humberto

Reactions: Jax
Current forecasts are for it to make landfall just below hurricane strength. I just hope it doesn't turn into another Humberto

:praying:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom