Wing with a DR backplate?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaScotty561

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Getting my first bp/w setup. Only doing singles right now so i'm looking at wings. Got a great deal on a DR backplate but do i only have to stick with DR wings or can i go with for example apeks? Also if anyone knows how do you attach the qlr weight pockets from DR to the harness or backplate? Thanks

I use Oxycheq Mach V 30lb wing. I like it. It is very streamline, very narrow. it almost does not taco at all. Outter shell material is well made. I will not have problem recommeanding it.

You can use Apeks wings with DR backplates.

I like the DR wings, the oval hoses, hardware, and replaceable bladder with the option for dual bladders. You can get the DR wings with and without pull dumps if that is an issue. On my nomad I don't use pull dumps.

If I have to add weight I use a weight belt, but I mostly dive hp100 with bp/w so I don't need weight.. even in saltwater so it works well for me.

My LDS also has most of the parts for DR gear in stock if I have issues.. so it was an easy decision for me.

+1 more for the Oxycheq Mach V wing. It is barely bigger than the plate.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom