Headway made

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

randytay

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
Just excited to share that the instructor for my DM course who banned me from using BP/W is now using BP/W himself :D Seems my quiet persistance paid off.

Still no long hose and bungee though :p

Why would you take a class from someone whom you think needs your teaching?

I like how my statement gets misconstrued into something else and then I get questioned. I wont even bother to explain. Next.

There are a lot of things to learn in a DM class, that have nothing to do with equipment choice. I have no issues with you working with someone who had something to learn about backplates -- he may have a great deal of experience in coping with classes and students and logistics and all the other things that make being a good DM challenging.

Glad to hear.. Have a feeling he will come around to the long hose and necklace as well. At least he is on the learning curve. Is he using the BP/W while teaching? If so, is it OW?

Glad to hear.. Have a feeling he will come around to the long hose and necklace as well. At least he is on the learning curve. Is he using the BP/W while teaching? If so, is it OW?

Yes, he is wearing it while teaching OW :D

Yes, he is wearing it while teaching OW :D

Awesome!

I'm not a strict follower of one discipline DIR/GUE although I understand and respect their approach to diving.

Some things just makes sense to me. Others do not. I find the process of making those decisions a stimulating part of the constant learning and adapting that is diving.

Awesome!

I'm not a strict follower of one discipline DIR/GUE although I understand and respect their approach to diving.

Some things just makes sense to me. Others do not. I find the process of making those decisions a stimulating part of the constant learning and adapting that is diving.

And I respect your view. As of now, I cannot find anything I cannot agree with as I am still pretty new and so far, everything is making alot of sense.

On a side note, I just got a call from the instructor telling me he does not want discussion on long hose in his shop period. This was in response to another DMC asking me why do i not have my own regs and need to take the shop's and I explained cos I am not allowed to use my own due to the long hose. Said DMC got curious so I explained what a long hose is. And my instructor got POed enough about it to make it a point to call me to tell me he does not want any discussion about it in his shop. SO I just apologize and complied. Can't wait to finish my course and leave the shop.

Ironically I believe i will go back to the short hose. Why? After diving a long hose for years I never need to donate air so what is the point.... For travel a short hose is less to lug around, and if I have to donate we will deal with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom