Dive equipment in singapore

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tamara

New
Reaction score
I'm stopping off in Singapore this Christmas and heard that dive equipment was pretty cheap over there.

Can anyone give me some advice on wet suits there? Where to buy, which brand is best, what a reasonable price is, etc. I really am clueless on the matter!

I'm quite small too, and can more often than not wriggle into kids sizes. Anyone know of outlets that cater for little'uns too?

Cheers! :cool:

I'm not sure quite how the prices in Singapore compare with the rest of the world, but it does seem quite cheap to me.

There are only about 10 dive shops that I know of here, three of which are in the basement of Lucky Plaza (a shopping mall on Orchard Rd). I think these shops operate under some sort of agreement (cartel???), as prices seem the same in each.

As a rough guide, I think a bit less than half the marked price is the usual selling price.

I paid about S$120 (~65USD) for a 1mm full length branded suit.
3mm unbranded suits go for about S$160.

Small sizes are common here, and all shops seem to cater for kids.

Remember to ask for the form to claim your tax back at the airport.

Cheers

yep..theres' bout 3 dive shops Lucky plaza selling dive equipments.

the other alternative, u can go to Concourse, basement level at Beach Road, theres bout 3 dive shops there too. So u can make quick comparison on prices before buying.

the prices for wetsuit are quite competitive here, and depending on the brands. U may get a good deal if the shops happens to go "on sale" for some of the items. 3mm wetsuit are very common here, any dive shops will have stocks.

Oh, in case u worried about getting lost in singapore. don't.
just hop into a taxi and tell them where u wanna go(name of building, name of road), they'll do the rest.
:)

I don't know about regs but I picked up my Stinger for less than $400 there. I went to Blue Wave sports in Lucky Plaza. Trexdrive is right. It's very easy for a foreigner to navigate. Bring your own gum though. You can buy it in the country. :)

ehm....i'm not sure how's the prices of hardware like compare to rest of the world.
i bought Dacor Eagle pro dpd set + supreme compact pdc gauges for bout S$850. U decide whether this price if considered high or low.

Most of the diving equipment brands can be found here, so do some homework on the prices and u may end up getting a good deal.

cheers

Tamara once bubbled...
I'm stopping off in Singapore this Christmas and heard that dive equipment was pretty cheap over there.

I am from Singapore.
I recommend Richardmond at Beach Road, Concouse Basement.

They are the main sole agent for many dive equipments.
I have compared 6 shops and their price is good.
There are 3 dive shops in this building. Please compare the price like me before you buy. You may save some $$$ for dinner.

You come at the right season.
Our Orchard road is very pretty decor for Christmas this year.

Welcome to Singapore!
blackeye

Do any of the shops have email.

I emailed the apeks dealer (Divemasters Pratama Pte Ltd) twice and still got no reply. I'm trying to find out what sort of price a DS4/ATX50/ATX40 setup goes for, so I can decide whether to buy there or at home.

Cheers,

J.

Freeflyer once bubbled...
Do any of the shops have email.

Sorry, I do not have the email.
BTW, any particular brand you are looking at.
If I happen to come across, I will get the info for you.

regards,
blackeye:wink:

Hi Blackeye, thanks very much for the offer. I'm looking at either

Apeks DS4/ATX50/ATX40
or
Apeks DST/ATX50/ATX40

and

Oceanic VT Pro computer.

I'll be getting two sets, so I don't know if there would be any additional discount for buying two lots of everything.

Haven't completely decided between the DS4 or DST first stage, but happy with the ATX50/40 combination.

Many thanks,

J.

Back
Top Bottom