Mares Travel Icon BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
Hi Guy's, sorry if i'm doubling up on this forum I have already posted this question but cannot now find it, Goofy I know!
I would just like to know if anyone has tried the Travel Icon Bcd by Mares, I really like the look of it for my holiday dives, luggage weight problems and so on!
I would really appreciate any advice or experiences with this equipment, one other thing does any one know if the Pro Dive shop on this site post to the Uk?.

Happy diving
Speed Freek!

I've had mine for a little over 3 months and have logged over 100 dives in it. As long as you get the correct size it works great. If I had to mention any issues I've had with it they would be that it only has 1 roll-up pocket and since I'm an instructor it would be nice to have another pocket. The second issue is the weight integrated pockets. They suck. You'll find multiple threads talking about them falling out, which mine did as well. Luckily part of the webbing just came loose and it fell out of the pocket but did not actually release. Just made the dive difficult because I had to keep shoving it back into the pocket. They need to look at the piece of webbing that's threaded through the backside of the weight pocket because it's not actually connected to itself, just doubled back on each end which makes it possible for the webbing to slip back through. On the other hand, I now clip things like my slates and SMB to my d-rings and shove them into the weight pockets and just use a standard weight belt. Works better anyways because I can distribute weight accordingly depending on the wetsuit I'm using as well as get the pockets that I needed to begin with. As far as traveling light, it's really not much lighter than the standard BCD's our dive center uses, it just roll's up smaller because it has no hard backplate.

Back
Top Bottom