advice on bcd

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ludobarbot

Registered
Reaction score
Grand Baie, Riviere Du Rempart, Mauritius, Mauriti
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi everyone!
I need some advice here, I want to buy a bcd.
And after some research i decided a scuba pro t-one would be a good bcd to start with. it is very strong, reliable and it will last me a long time also its price is very interesting.
So i go to the only store that represents scubapro were i live and they don't have any t-one my size. They say it will take a while to get the new stock in. And they offer me a seacsub resort bcd for the same price.

SEAC SUB - RESORT

But this is the first i hear of seacsub and don't know if they are any good. Has anyone here had any experience with
the seacsub resort bcd or other products of theirs.

Maybe im wrong but the scubapro tone still seems better and has a very reliable brand. Should i wait for the new stock
or is the seacsub resort just has good?

Im diving saturday and would really like to have my bcd by then but i think i should just wait no?

If I were you, I would wait.
Scubapro customer service is excellent.
It's difficult to imagine Seac Sub's customer service being better.
Scubapro also has better dealer coverage internationally. That could be important if your BC requires repairs while you are on a dive vacation.

I don't know anything about the Scubapro T-One but I have dove with Scubapro BC's since I was certified in 91 and have never had any problem with them. I own both the Classic Plus and the Seahawk and they are excellent high quality BC's. The Seac Sub may be just fine but I would wait on the Scubapro if it were me. Scubapro makes an excellent product.

+1 wait. (what bubbletrubble said)

"Not in stock, you're going to have to wait... here's a different one for the same price."

Seems that most seasoned consumers have heard that one before. Ask them when they will have one for you if you put $10 down on it. That shows you are a serious, committed buyer, but first they have to tell you when it will arrive.

If you're unwilling to make a deposit- that would tell a storekeeper that you were just still shopping.

If not, then move along to a different LDS, or (GASP! ) an internet seller.

Always buy what you want, not what someone tries to sell you in it's place.

In the end it will be you that has to keep explaining to your dive buddies what a Seascub is and how you were talked into buying it.

Scubapro is known the world over for its superior quality and customer service, so it's a choice you won't regret.

Just rent a bc till you get exactly what you want and that way you won't suffer from shoppers remorse.

Yours truly,

Loyal Scubapro Diver

Posted from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I say try a size up or down on the Scuba pro and see how you like the layout. Try the Seac Sub and others that are similar and see what you like. A nice bc should be built well and have a layout that you dont have to look for anything on it, should have plenty of room for clipping off lights, spools, DSMB, and anything else you take with you. Try to get an idea of how it will inflate (not really accurate but still an idea).

Whatever you do dont get hung up on a brand or typical style as being best. Dont worry if your friends or people on the boat ask, Its your gear as long as you like it and its reliable there is nothing they can say. I am the only one in my group that uses a back inflate and my friends say it looks like I can raise the titanic. 2 friends tried mine out 1 loved it, 1 used it to get his last dive since his gear broke and the BC was a little too big

Asfar as Seac Sub, I have a Seac Sub pnumatic spear gun that I have used for about 4 years and never had an issue. I love it for smaller fish and for loaning to my friends since I have 2 guns.

Main difference i see between them is the SP has a heavier fabric

I agree with going for what you want, a quality item from a well known company with a reputation for good service. AND, get it in your size. Your size is determined when you are wearing the exposure suit that you are going to dive in most of the time with the bcd. As a PADIPro, I have exactly 4 bcd's, 2 of which are identical but different sizes. I wear the larger when in cold water with lots of exposure gear on, and the smaller in warm water where I have on a skin or at most a 3 mil wet suit. BCD's are adjustable to a point, but I think fit is everything. Don't size up or down to avoid a short wait in obtaining the model you want. Also, I don't think it is disloyal to shop at another dive shop if yours doesn't have what you want.
DivemasterDennis

Wait! Buy the gear that you want! I've never heard of SeacSub....that's not an indictment, simply an observation. Scubapro is well known with a proven track record. I'd wait for the Scubapro or find in somewhere else.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom